Please note that Made by Jack’s Mum has rebranded to Waves and Wild. I’m reviewing the MBJM version of this pattern, but as this is no longer available to purchase, I have linked to the Waves and Wild version at the bottom.
The Made By Jack’s Mum Over It All’s were the first proper pattern that I successfully made for my daughter. They are so simple to put together and the end result looks amazing every time. I have now made over 100 pairs of these as they’re one of the main items I sell in my Etsy store. Each pair takes about an hour to make, and they look good in pretty much every fabric I’ve tried.
What I Loved
- The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. A photo guide is included for each step.
- Layers are available for the PDF file so you only need to print your size.
- Numerous options are available in one pattern including long and short leg options, a snap crotch option, two different pocket options, and the option to semi line or fully line – the latter giving you the option to make them reversible.
- The MBJM Facebook community is fantastic. If you have any problems with a part of the pattern, you can post and receive an answer within a few minutes.
What Wasn’t So Great
- The Made By Jack’s Mum patterns always take me a while to cut out – they’re not seamless like many other PDF pattern companies.
Tips for Next Time
- The Over It All’s hack eliminates the need to stitch in the ditch. There’s a YouTube video here (not made by me) that explains how to do it.
The Over It All’s are a staple item in my daughter’s wardrobe and I absolutely love them. They can be worn with or without a top underneath – making them suitable for all seasons, and they’re available in sized premature to age 12. They’re also a really great pattern for beginners making them a fantastic option for those who don’t want to start with some of the more basic sewing projects.
The Made By Jack’s Mum Over It All’s require jersey fabric (although I’ve also used French Terry without issue), ribbing, interfacing, and snaps to secure. The PDF version can be purchased from the Waves and Wild website for AUD $12.00.