I was recently asked to make some leggings for a tween girl who didn’t fit into the standard size patterns. With most of the pattern companies I currently use, ending their kids lines at age 12, I needed to search for something different. That’s how I came across EYMM – or Everything Your Mama Made – patterns. Their Jocelyn’s Leggings pattern goes from NB-18 Tween and was perfect for what I needed it for.
What I Loved
- The PDF pattern is seamless and really easy to stick together.
- Step by step instructions come with the pattern making it really easy to understand.
- A full supply list is included.
- Guidance is provided for those who are new to sewing with knit fabric.
- The pattern comes with three different lengths – full length leggings, capri and shorts.
- This pattern is really simple to sew that even someone who has never used a sewing machine could end up with an amazing garment. I didn’t need to follow the instructions at all as it’s your standard leggings pattern.
- The sizing is fantastic and true to the measurement table. I love that this pattern goes up into tween sizes making it easier to hack to fit the measurements of teen girls who don’t fit into the standard sizes.
What Wasn’t So Great
- This pattern doesn’t come with layers which is something I usually find really useful when I want to print just one size. That said, the designer has separated the ages for the pattern into four (infants, toddlers, girls and tweens), so it’s not as bad as some patterns that don’t contain layers.
- You will need to make your own pattern piece for the waistband as that doesn’t come included. A guide is, however, included for each size and you can choose to make either a fold-over or full length piece.
I’m really happy with the EYMM Jocelyn’s Leggings pattern and think it’s one I’ll definitely use again in the future when sewing for tweens. The recipient of the leggings was also super happy and said that they were really comfortable, which is always good. I’ll also be checking out this company’s other patterns in the future.
The Jocelyn’s Leggings pattern is available in size newborn to 18 Tween and requires any kind of knit fabric with at least 50% stretch such as Cotton Lycra. The leggings can be made on a sewing machine, but you’ll get a better result using an overlocker. The PDF version of the EYMM Jocelyn’s Leggings pattern can be picked up from their website for $9.95. At the time of writing this review it is currently on sale for $3.00.