I’ve been on the hunt for a leggings pattern that fits my daughter well for a while now. I’ve tried quite a few – and will add reviews when I get the time – but the Love Notions Leggin’s is by far the best one I’ve tried. It’s available in sizes 2T – 14, fits her perfectly, and is really fast to sew.
What I Loved
- The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. A photo guide is included for each step.
- Layers are available for the PDF file so you only need to print your size.
- The PDF file is seamless so it doesn’t take long to stick it together/cut the pattern out.
- They can be made with either an elasticated waist or a yoga waistband.
- It’s FREE!
- The pattern is incredibly simple – the elasticated waist version literally only requires one pattern piece. This also makes them really quick to sew.
- They fit better than any other leggings pattern I’ve tried to date.
What Wasn’t So Great
- The pattern starts at size 2T so isn’t suitable for babies and younger children.
- The pattern suggests hemming these prior to sewing the inseams. I made the smallest size (2T) and had no problem sewing in the round, even with a walking foot on my machine. I would prefer to do this as I find the end result is neater.
My daughter now has four pairs of these leggings and I’m sure she will have many more in her future as they go well with everything. It’s just such a simple pattern that produces results similar to those you could buy from the shops. I really love it!
The Love Notions Leggin’s requires a medium weight 4 way stretch fabric with at least 30% stretch. Elastic is also required if you opt for the elasticated waist option. The PDF pattern can be purchased from the Love Notions website for FREE. It is available in sizes 2T to age 14.