I’m super picky when it comes to clothes for myself. As a plus sized woman, I tend to stick to large hoodies and sweatshirts, so when I do see an item that is both pretty and slimming, I jump on it. The Love Notions Willow Wrap Top fits into both of those boxes and I was really excited to try it out.
What I Loved
- The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. A photo guide is included for each step.
- Layers are available for the PDF file so you only need to print your size.
- The PDF file is trimless so it doesn’t take long to stick it together/cut the pattern out.
- There are two main options with this pattern. View A has an asymmetrical hem and ruching on one side, while View B (the one I made) is plainer with a smooth hem.
- There are three sleeve lengths – short, 3/4, and long. This makes it versatile and suitable for all seasons.
- It comes with an optional modesty panel making it a great choice for nursing mothers.
- While I’ve never made a wrap top pattern before, the instructions make this top suitable for beginners.
- The fit is really nice. I absolutely love Love Notions patterns for this.
What Wasn’t So Great
- As it is such a great pattern – and super slimming – it would be lovely to see it available in sizes bigger than an XXL. Some of the Love Notions women’s patterns go up to a 5X so it does look like they are extending their line over time.
- When the pattern tells you to iron prior to hemming, make sure to do it. It makes the top stitching a lot easier.
- If using a lightweight knit, you may need to size down. I made the Large (which is the size I make for all of Love Notions patterns) and it’s quite baggy. I think I could have got away with making a Medium.
Upon completing this pattern – at 1am in the morning! – I immediately messaged my sewing friends to tell them they needed to jump onboard and make their own. It’s really comfortable, really slimming, and just absolutely gorgeous. I will definitely make more of these for myself – it’s one of the best women’s patterns I’ve tried so far.
The Love Notions Willow Wrap Top requires a light to medium weight way stretch fabric with 25-50% stretch. The PDF pattern can be purchased from the Love Notions website for $12.00. It is available in sizes XS to XXL.