I’ve been testing out a ton of baby patterns lately in preparation for our new arrival. Back in February, I reviewed the Brindille & Twig Band Beanie, and while I do like the pattern, it seems overly large for new babies, and I’m also not a massive fan of the large band. A quick Google search introduced me to a new pattern brand – Made By Me Patterns – and it didn’t take me long to purchase their Baby Hat Set. This set comes with three different types of baby hats for just under £4.00. I made the first hat version for this review in 1-3 months.
What I Loved
- The pattern is only six pages long. It’s also trimless and very easy to put together.
- The instructions are really clear and easy to follow. A photo is included for each step.
- The pattern comes with a size chart, so if you’re unsure which size to make, you can measure the baby’s head circumference to work it out.
- This pattern is incredibly cheap when you consider you’re getting three hats included. The designer also has a 20% off voucher on their website (at the time of writing) that can be redeemed when you purchase three or more patterns.
- The hat I made looked really cute and dinky when complete which is exactly what I think of when I think of baby hats. The band is not too overpowering on this pattern which I like.
- It literally took about ten minutes to cut and sew – it’s a really simple pattern and ideal for beginners.
What Wasn’t So Great
- Layers aren’t included in the PDF file. It’s not a massive problem for a pattern this small, but it does help save confusion when cutting out.
The Made By Me Patterns baby hats pattern is a great choice for those who want to make hats for their little ones. The pattern not only gives you three different options, but it’s incredibly cheap for what you get. Hats are also a great baby gift, and they’re fantastic scrap busters. If I do make any more hats up for my Etsy store, I might switch to this pattern instead of using the Brindille & Twig pattern as the sizing does seem to be better.
The Made By Me Patterns baby hats pattern advises using a knit fabric like cotton jersey. The PDF can be purchased from the Made By Me Patterns website for £3.76 and is available in sizes 1-3 months to 12-24 months.